Next week marks the first anniversary of SHRM’s partnership with the Families and Work Institute (FWI) on workplace flexibility. Since the announcement a year ago, the SHRM/FWI partnership has:
- Conducted webcasts to highlight workplace flexibility as a key business strategy
- Produced new research to dispel common myths
- Published two editions of the Guide to Bold New Ideas for Making Work Work
- Hosted the first Work-Life Focus Conference
- Educated employers about the business benefits of workplace flexibility through the When Work Works initiative
HR professionals can expect even more from the helpful research, tools, and information generated by the SHRM/FWI partnership in 2012. For example, in March we will release the National Study of Employers, the most comprehensive study of the practices, policies, programs and benefits provided by U.S. employers to address the changing needs of today’s workforce and workplace. An Employer Resource Guide will also be published later this spring to help HR professionals implement flexible work arrangements. More information and resources on flexible work environments can be found on SHRM’s Workplace Flexibility Resource Page.