As reported in the last edition of the HR Issues Update, the employer application for the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility is now closed for 2012. But SHRM’s workplace flexibility partner, the Families and Work Institute (FWI), is busy tabulating the results to determine which organizations scored in the top 20 percent of employers nationally, becoming finalists and moving on to Round II for the employee survey. Finalists can expect to be notified later this month! 2012 Sloan Award winners will then be featured in the next edition of the Guide to Bold New Ideas.
While the Sloan Award employer applications are being reviewed, When Work Works springs into May with lots of great workplace flexibility events scheduled in the Pacific Northwest and Minnesota over the next two weeks. These include educational programs at the:
- Salem Human Resources Management Association in Salem, Ore., on May 8
- 2012 Oregon Employer Council Annual State Conference for Business in Albany, Ore., on May 8
- Lane County Human Resource Association in Eugene, Ore., on May 9
- Southern MN Area Human Resource Association in Mankato, Minn., on May 9
- Twin Cities Human Resource Association Spring Conference in Minneapolis, Minn., on May 10
- Columbia Gorge SHRM in White Salmon, Wash., on May 10
- Southwest Human Resource Management Association in both Vancouver and Longview, Wash., on May 15 and 16
SHRM State Councils and Chapters interested in implementing the When Work Works initiative in your state or community in 2013 are encouraged to review the When Work Works toolkit and complete the Commitment to Partner form.