HHS Secretary Sebelius Provides ‘6-Month Checkup’ on Health Care Reform
SHRM sponsored a National Journal Group summit called “Healthcare: A 6-Month Checkup.”
U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and a panel of experts provided their assessment of the new health care reform law.
The summit looked at steps the Obama administration is taking to implement the Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care Act, how Americans view the new law, and the politics surrounding health care reform as the Nov. 2 mid-term elections draw near.
U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
Panelists Provide Views at “Healthcare: A 6-Month Checkup”
Following remarks by Secretary Sebelius, a panel examined the challenges that physicians, hospitals and employers face as they try to understand and implement the new law. Panelists pictured above, left to right, were:
- Ron Brownstein, editorial director, National Journal
- Julie Barnes, director, Health Policy Bipartisan Policy Center
- Matthew DoBias, health care correspondent, National Journal
- Scott Gottlieb, Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- Len Nichols, director, Center for Health Policy Research & Ethics, George Mason University
- Kavita Patel, director, Health Policy Program, New America Foundation
The event was part of a series of public policy forums that SHRM has sponsored this year in cooperation with the National Journal.
For SHRM Members: To watch a video of the summit discussions, click HERE.