A Presidential Second Term and a New Congress: What It All Means for HR
Prepare for what’s ahead. Manage employer risk. Stay in compliance. These are the themes of SHRM’s upcoming Employment Law & Legislative Conference, which will be held March 10-13, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
The November elections are behind us and, depending on how they address the impending fiscal cliff, Congress and President Obama will be back at it in 2013—focusing on deficit reduction, possibly overhauling the tax code, making final preparations for implementing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and possibly moving on comprehensive immigration reform. The decisions that will be made on these and other HR public policy initiatives will have a real impact on you, your employees and your workplace.
The 2013 Employment Law & Legislative Conference will help you prepare for what’s ahead, manage your organization’s risks, and stay compliant. This year’s conference will address a wide array of issue questions, including:
- What are the latest compliance pitfalls related to ERISA, COBRA, and HIPAA?
- Will there be new restrictions on employer background checks?
- How will state and federal proposals affect employee use of social media?
- What will the NLRB do next?
- How will the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act regulations affect my organization?
To view the speaker lineup and to learn more about the conference, click HERE. We look forward to seeing you in Washington in March!