To help you prepare your office for this historic flu season, Clorox will provide SHRM members with free Flu Preparedness & Prevention Educational Kits, upon request. The kit contains important flu prevention information that can help to reduce the risk and spread of viruses in the workplace.
The Flu Preparedness & Prevention Educational Kit for Offices includes:
- “Flu Prevention Quick Tips” poster
- Checklist of surfaces to disinfect at the workplace
- Proper hand sanitization hygiene poster
- Information from the CDC about the current H1N1 pandemic
SHRM is a member of the Preventative Health Advisory Board (PHAB), a group of experts representing a wide variety of community settings. PHAB is funded by The Clorox Company. Make sure your workplace is doing all it can to help fight the spread of the flu virus. Encourage employees to get a flu vaccination and to practice flu prevention steps by making disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer readily-available in the workplace.
Additional information about flu prevention is also available at www.CloroxProfessional.com/H1N1.
Encourage employees to practice these flu prevention steps:
- Get vaccinated against both flu strains. Visit www.CDC.gov/H1N1flu for more information about the H1N1 vaccine and its availability.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. If you don't have a tissue, cough into your elbow.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands sanitizers are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs can spread that way.*
- Stay home if you get sick. The CDC recommends that you stay home from work, and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Use disinfectants on surfaces, as directed, to help prevent the spread of the influenza virus.*
*Germs can spread when a person touches an infected surface and then touches their own eyes, mouth or nose.
To download or request your kit click here