The MAC serves as an interface between the volunteer leaders and the SHRM Board of Directors. The MAC is composed of one elected representative from each of the Regional Councils. The MAC provides input from the membership through the regional councils to the board and feedback from the board to the membership, back through the regional councils; and provides operational input to SHRM to ensure optimum service/support to and from the volunteer leadership.
News and Information - For news and information, click here.
2014 MAC Representatives
CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT, DE, MD, NJ, PA
Kristine Avery, SPHR Director of Human Resources
Saint Joseph’s College
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish, ME 04084
Mobile: (207) 754-8365
- Appointed as the Director of HR for Saint Joseph’s College in June 2013 servicing 980 staff and faculty members in a strategic HR leadership role.
- Employed as the SVP of HR for the past 12 years by FISC Solutions in Lewiston Maine, which is a national financial services and payment processing provider, and a 2011, 2012 & 2013 Best Places to Work in Maine employer.
- Passionate SHRM Volunteer leader since 2006 serving as the 2013/2014 MAC Representative for the Northeast Region, SHRM Maine State Council Director in 2011 & 2012 and 2 years prior as Director-Elect. Also held chapter leadership roles including Treasurer, President-Elect, President and Immediate Past President of HRASM, Maine’s largest chapter.
- Instructor of the SPHR/PHR Certification Preparatory Exam course at the University of Southern Maine since 2007.
- Featured as the cover story in the “Maine Ahead” magazine titled “People & Profit – Up with People Power” in October 2011.
- Traveled to Brazil with the SHRM People-to-People HR Executive Delegation in 2011
- Named Maine’s 2010 HR Leader of the Year and inducted in Maine’s HR’s Hall of Fame in 2011.
Northeast Region Alternate: Ellen Johnston, MBA, PHR (PA)
AL, GA, FL, MS, BM, BS, PR, USVI, DC, KY, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV
Paula H. Harvey, MBA, SPHR, GPHR, ASCCEO, K&P Consulting, Inc., Adjunct UNC Charlotte
5901 Tillery Drive
Charlotte, NC 28226
Phone: (704) 341-4340
- Paula Harvey is the CEO of her human resources/business consulting firm since 2004. Her firm provides services to small to medium sized organizations.
- Paula served as the NC SHRM state director from October 2010 through December 2013 and is currently their Director Emeritus.
- Paula has been involved with her local SHRM chapters since 1994 and joined SHRM in 1998.She has held many varied leadership positions including president for two chapters. She is a frequent speaker on strategic or global HR topics at state conferences and chapter meetings.
- She is an active member of 4 chapters. She is passionate about college relations and heading up a new HR degree program at Wingate University in Charlotte, NC.
- In 2008 she chaired the NCSHRM state conference with over 500 attendees, 125 volunteers, 100 exhibitors and 76 speakers. She has agreed to be the Treasurer for the 2015 NCSHRM conference to be held in Concord, NC in late September 2015.
- Paula also teaches at several other institutions of higher learning including Central Piedmont Community College where she has been instructing the SHRM Learning System since 2001.
- Paula has lived, traveled, and taught overseas and speaks several languages.
Southeast Region Alternate: Rita Revels, SPHR (SC)
SOUTHWEST CENTRAL REGION
AR, LA, MO, OK, TX, AZ, CO, KS, NM, UT
- Rebecca Briley is currently the Human Resources Manager for E Federal Credit Union in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- She has been a SHRM Volunteer Leader for over 14 years with multiple leadership positions within her local chapter Greater Baton Rouge SHRM as well as the Louisiana SHRM State Council.
- Rebecca served as the 2011-2012 State Director of the Louisiana SHRM State Council.
- She is currently serving as the 2013-2014 Immediate Past State Director of the Louisiana State Council.
- Rebecca served as the 2013 SHRM Membership Advisory Council (MAC) Representative for the Southwest Central Region.
- She was awarded the 2012 Greater Baton Rouge SHRM Human Resource Professional of the Year.
- Rebecca served as the 2013 Louisiana HR Conference Chair and she is currently serving as the 2014 Louisiana HR Conference Sponsorship Chair.
Southwest Central Region Alternate: Deborah Little, BA, SPHR (CO)
NORTH CENTRAL REGION
A, MN, WI, ND, SD, NE,IL, IN, MI, OH
Steven J. Browne, SPHR
Executive Director of Human Resources
2334 Boudinot Avenue
Cincinnati, OH, 45238
Mobile: (513) 919-1472
- Steve Browne, SPHR is currently the Executive Director of Human Resources for LaRosa's, Inc. - a regional Pizzeria restaurant chain in Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Southwest Indiana with 15 locations and over 1,200 Team Members.
- He has been an HR professional for 25+ years and has worked in the Manufacturing, Consumer Products, and Professional Services industries in various Human Resources roles.
- Steve is the Past-State Director of the Ohio SHRM State Council.
- He facilitates a monthly HR Roundtable as well as an HR internet forum called the HR Net which reaches over 6,200 people globally each week.
- Steve is an accomplished speaker at the local, regional and state levels.
- He is very active in Social Media. Steve has authored several guest posts for HR/Business blogs and runs his own HR related blog ‘Everyday People.’
North Central Region Alternate: Donna Rogers, MEd., SPHR (IL)
PACIFIC WEST REGION
AK, CA, HI, NV, GU, CNMI, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY
Debbie Horne, SPHR
41 Areo Camino
Santa Barbara, CA 93117
Phone: (805) 637-7373
- Director of Human Resources for CMC Rescue, a manufacturer of equipment for search and rescue, with global Technical Rescue School operations
- Faculty member at UCSB, Engineering Department, “Technology Management Program”
- Past State Director for CalSHRM; 2010 - 2013, past President of the SBHRA and SHRM volunteer leader over 15 years with multiple leadership positions
- Debbie served as the 2013 SHRM Membership Advisory Council (MAC) Representative for the PacWest Region
- Debbie served as the 2013 CA State Legislative HR Conference and continues through 2014
- Champion for CA legislative advocacy and testified before the CA State Senate in 2013
- Member of the MIT Enterprise Board of Directors
- Masters in Organizational Development, BA in Business Administration, SPHR
Pacific West Region Alternate: Robert Farmer, MBA, SPHR (MT)
Elissa C. O’Brien, SPHR
Vice President, Membership
Phone: 1-.800.283.7476, enter "1", ext. 6269
Laurie McIntosh, SPHR
Director, Member Engagement
Phone: 1.800.283.7476, enter ”1”, ext. 6408
Susan B. Post, SPHR, CAE
Divisional Director, East
Phone: 1.800.283.7476, enter "1", ext. 6201
Martha T. Ramirez, SPHR
Divisional Director, Central
Phone: 1.800.283.7476, enter "1", ext. 6290
Divisional Director, West
Phone: 1.800.283.7476, enter "1", ext. 6298
Want to learn more about the MAC?
Membership Advisory Council Operating Guidelines
Membership Advisory Council Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)