SHRM-affiliated chapters and state councils are divided geographically into five regions. Each of the regions has a council composed of the state council directors in each of the five regions. Regional councils are an integral part of the Society. Regional Councils provide opportunities for best practice sharing among and between the council members. In addition, regional councils:
- Provide channels of communication on human resource management issues.
- Encourage connections with business leaders and the general business community to advance the profession.
- Play a key role in identifying and communicating emerging strategic issues.
- Provide input to the SHRM Board of Directors.
- Facilitate the achievement of SHRM's seven strategic objectives by providing state councils and chapters with guidance and assistance.
Regional Home Pages