SHRM's HR Talk® is a forum for members to share HR-related information and experience with other SHRM members in a professional manner. This is not an area for posting job announcements, marketing products or soliciting resumes. There are no extra fees or charges from SHRM associated with using this service.
Please remember: This is a PUBLIC FORUM. Your notes may be seen by Internet users around the world, and you are responsible for your notes.
When posting notes on the bulletin board, please keep in mind that YOU CAN BE HELD LEGALLY LIABLE FOR WHAT YOU WRITE. For example, if you post defamatory comments about someone, you may be held legally accountable for them.
SHRM has sole discretion in determining which notes are appropriate for inclusion on HR Talk® and reserves the right (but disclaims any obligation) to remove from HR Talk® any message SHRM deems inappropriate and to exclude any participant SHRM feels has posted inappropriate messages.
Collecting e-mail addresses from HR Talk® for the purpose of solicitation or "spamming" will not be tolerated. Persons found in violation of this policy may have their HR Talk® access blocked.
By clicking "I Accept" below, you accept these conditions and agree not to post material that:
- Defames any person, business, governmental or other entity, product or service
- Contains unsolicited or inappropriate advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation
- Could reasonably be construed as a violation of Federal, state or international law prohibiting anti-competitive activities or unfair trade practices. For example, participants should not discuss detailed salary, wage, or benefit pay by a company or industry, since such a discussion might fall outside of the FTC/Dept. of Justice safe harbor provisions for sharing of salary, wage, and benefits information.
- Contains false or fraudulent information
- Infringes any other person or entity's copyright, trademark, service mark or trade dress
- Discloses or could lead to disclosure of any trade secret
- Violates any privacy-related right belonging to any person, business or other entity
- Harasses, threatens, abuses, embarrasses or causes distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any other person or entity.
- Is patently inappropriate, e.g., information or topics not related to human resource practitioners or the HR profession.
- Contains obscene or sexually explicit images or other information
- Interferes with the contract of another through the web site.
- Is unprofessional or is otherwise inappropriate for this forum.
In addition, you agree not to use the web site to impersonate any person, or communicate under a false name or one that you are not authorized to use. By clicking "I Accept," you agree to release Society For Human Resource Management and its advertisers from any liability arising from messages posted by anyone on SHRM Online, and you agree to release, hold harmless, indemnify and defend the Society for Human Resource Management and its advertisers from any and all legal or civil actions and penalties and costs, including without limitation attorneys' fees, arising from messages you have posted on SHRM Online.
If you agree to these conditions, please select "I Accept." If you do not, please click "I Do Not Accept." Click here to return to the top of this document.
Please note: HR Talk® is available to SHRM members only.