The SHRM Foundation is once again sponsoring the annual Advisor of the Year Award to be presented to a distinguished student chapter advisor in 2013. The award will recognize the outstanding service and leadership provided to student chapters by SHRM advisors.
The winning advisor will receive:
- A commemorative plaque
- $1,000 cash award
- Complimentary registration to the 2013 SHRM Annual Conference
- Travel funding up to $1,000 to attend the 2013 SHRM Annual Conference
The award will be presented at the Society's Annual Student Conference, June 15, 2013 in Chicago, Illinois.
Members of the Foundation Board and College Relations Volunteers will judge award entries. Factors to be considered include:
- Length of service to the student chapter.
- Advisor's contribution to the development of student leaders.
- Innovative programs or projects conducted by the chapter.
- Obstacles overcome (e.g. no HR major, etc.)
- Involvement with other SHRM local and/or national activities.
- Consistency of chapter quality from year-to-year.
Nominations for the award will be accepted from any student chapter officers, members, former members, other faculty, or SHRM professional members. Self-nominations will also be accepted.
Please note: The nomination period for the 2012-2013 Advisor of the Year Award closed on March 18, 2013.
For further assistance, please contact:
SHRM Foundation Administrator
(800) 283-7476 x6020