Goals and MBO Statement
Society for Human Resource Management|
- To acquaint students considering a future in HR
- To keep students up to date in the field of HR
- To develop a nucleus of future professionals in HR field
- To expose students to individuals within the HR field
- To have educational speakers from the local HR community at each of our monthly meetings.
- To publish an informative SHRM student newsletter each month.
- To increase our SHRM student membership 25% by end of year.
- To visit a local organization and receive an HR related tour in both fall and spring semesters.
- To engage in a community service activity in both fall and spring semesters.
- To organize and carry out a fund-raising activity in both fall and spring semesters that will benefit our student SHRM members.
- To prepare student SHRM members for the PHR certification exam by obtaining study materials and organizing a study group.
- To increase the partnership with our sponsoring chapter of SHRM by:
- Having at least 5 student SHRM members present at each sponsoring chapter meeting.
- Establishing a formalized mentor program
- To ensure SHRM's presence on college campus by:
- Making a recruitment presentation to all HR related classes.
- Participation in the fall organization fair.
- Electing a representative to attend all Student Government Association meetings.
- To achieve the Superior Merit Award.
*From Middle Tennessee State University