We are excited to share details about our PHR/SPHR certification preparation program for chapters. Local chapter and regional involvement with the SHRM Learning System Program is strictly voluntary; however, many have already welcomed the opportunity to co-sponsor classroom offerings in order to promote the chapter initiatives such as membership growth.
There are over 125 chapters currently offering study groups using the SHRM Learning System. SHRM has invested in providing a quality program designed to support HR professionals globally to help advance the profession. Chapters have two opportunities to get involved with the #1 PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation Tool: offer a chapter study group to your members; or, partner with one of the 280+ colleges and universities across the country that offer the program.
Partnering with a college/university through the SHRM Learning System Program can benefit your chapter in many ways:
- Inspires new member growth through college/university marketing campaigns that reach audiences outside your membership.
- Creates opportunities for professionals to use employer tuition reimbursement dollars to cover the cost of their continuing education.
- Improves chapter return on investment (ROI) by avoiding the costs associated with curriculum development, course marketing, and administration. Chapters may have an agreement with the institution where they receive revenue for promoting the university course with the chapter members.
- Increases chapter exposure and advances the profession locally through co-branding with the institution.
- Provides opportunities for certified members to become adjunct faculty or visit the classroom to promote the certification.
By offering the SHRM Learning System Program, your chapter will have additional benefits:
· Discounted chapter rate for materials
· Access to marketing templates, logos, etc. to help recruit your members
· Access to mailing lists of national members who are prospects for your courses (where available)
· Helpful representatives available to get you the details you need to launch your course
· Facilitator resources
The new 2012 SHRM Learning System includes thoroughly revised content and a redesigned user experience to reflect the new 2012 HR Certification Institute body of knowledge tested on the PHR and SPHR exams. There are a number of great new features designed to help your members reach their goal of certification:
· Quick Starts: guided overviews for each module that highlight key topics
· Audio flashcards: now available for on-the-go listening
· Enhanced post-test: incorporates features similar to the HR Certification Institute exam format for increased test-taking confidence
· Learning Modules: available on e-Reader in addition to print
Participants who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the national pass rate! To offer the program you will need to meet a few criteria:
· Minimum purchase of five individual participant kits and one facilitator kit.
· Ensure that all students have their own materials. To take full advantage of the educational benefits of the SHRM Learning System Program, the materials are copyrighted and are designed to be used by only one student.
There’s no better time to get involved. Don’t delay – start your Program today!
To find out how your chapter can take full advantage of the SHRM Learning System Program, please refer to the SHRM Learning System – Chapter and State Council Offer (flier)
Visit the HR Certification Institute CLA page of the SHRM Volunteer Leader’s Resource Center (VLRC) http://www.shrm.org/Communities/VolunteerResources/Pages/HRCertInstCLA.aspx
Contact your Regional Field Services Director http://www.shrm.org/Communities/VolunteerResources/LocateSHRMsregionalteamforyourarea/Pages/default.aspx
HR Certification Institute http://www.hrci.org/; or, specific questions can be emailed to email@example.com