The 100% Chapter is responsible for developing the content of the e-blast, which must be approved by the appropriate Field Services Director. If there are questions about the appropriateness of the content, the Field Services Director will forward the proposed content to the Member Relations Manager for review, feedback, and approval. Once approved, the Regional Administrator will insert the approved content inside the appropriate template and send the e-blast to the authorized audience.
All content must be submitted for approval on the appropriate electronic request form. By requesting SHRM to send an e-mail blast on its behalf, the 100% Chapter agrees to indemnify SHRM against any and all liability and expenses which SHRM may incur as a result of claims made against SHRM based upon the fact that such e-mail violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third parties.
It must be clear that the e-blast is being sent by SHRM on behalf of the 100% Chapter. The language contained in the e-blast must be clearly stated and must NOT create confusion on behalf of the recipient as to who is authoring the e-blast. For example, a chapter must include the chapter's official name, rather than simply saying ”SHRM.”
An e-blast may not promote a membership, service or product in direct competition with SHRM membership or an SHRM product under any circumstances. For example:
- No e-blasts are permitted promoting memberships in non-SHRM affiliated HR associations.
- No e-blasts are permitted promoting a certification preparation process using a product other than the SHRM Learning System as the basis for the process.
A five business-day lead time is required for all e-blast requests.
- Access to the request form can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Requests must be submitted by the 100% Chapter President, his/her designee or from the Chapter Management Professional. However, the Chapter President or Chapter Management Professional should be aware of the e-blast request.
- The 100% Chapter President/Chapter Management Professional (and the person submitting the request, if other than the Chapter President/Chapter Management Professional) will be sent a copy of the e-blast as notification that the e-blast request has been fulfilled.
- The request must be only for SHRM at-large members in the Chapter’s established zip code range.
- Pursuant to the language in the chapter charters, SHRM and the 100% Chapter shall be joint owners of the list of names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of those individuals who are members of both SHRM and the Chapter, (Joint Members) without any duty to account to the other for any profits derived from such list. SHRM is the exclusive owner of the names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of those individuals working within the 100% Chapter’s geography who are members of SHRM but not members of the Chapter (At-Large Members). The 100% Chapter has the non-exclusive right to use the list of names, and mailing addresses of At-Large Members only for the internal purposes of the Chapter, and (absent SHRM written consent) not for the purpose of licensing any such list to any third parties or offering or advertising the products or services of any third parties to At-Large Members.
E-BLAST GUIDELINES FOR 100% CHAPTERS:
- Requests must be made on the appropriate electronic form.
- The e-blast request text is limited to up to 400 words.
- E-blasts are sent to the SHRM at- large members in the Chapter’s established zip code range only.
- E-blasts are limited to two per 100% Chapter per calendar quarter - – promotion for an event may not exceed two e-blasts per event.
- Content/purpose is limited to a Chapter membership drive or to promote a Chapter- event such as a meeting or conference that is not in direct completion with SHRM and its products and services.
- The e-blast may not include attachments, images/graphics or third party links (links other than SHRM, the Chapter website or the State Council) – this includes Social Media sites. Hyperlinks within the text directing the reader to the Chapter’s web site are allowed and encouraged.
- Links to sites other than the 100% Chapter's are not permitted. (What about if the link is to their state council’s website? We say that below, but may want to be consistent and say it here as well.)
- The e-mail must contain a point of contact, e-mail address and/or a telephone number within the 100% Chapter for questions or further information.
- Promotion or links of third-party activities, even if endorsed or sponsored by the 100% Chapter, is not allowed, unless the third-party is the State Council.
Blackout Period: SHRM will not send any e-blast on behalf of the Affiliated Chapters during the period of June 1 – June 30. Please submit your request within 5 business days prior to the end of May.
I have read and understand the policy and guidelines.