Note: 100% Super Mega Chapters should use the 100% Chapter request form.
A five business-day lead time is required for all e-blast requests. Blackout Period: SHRM will not send any e-blast on behalf of the Affiliated Chapters during the period of June 1 – June 30. Please submit your request within 5 business days prior to the end of May. E-blasts are limited to two (2) per Super Mega Chapter per calendar quarter.
1. The Super Mega Chapter is responsible for developing the 400-word content of the e-blast, which must be approved by the appropriate Field Services Director. If there are questions about the appropriateness of the content, the Field Services Director will forward the proposed content to the Member Relations Manager for review, feedback, and approval. Once approved, the Regional Administrator will insert the approved content inside the appropriate template and send the e-blast to the authorized audience. All content must be submitted for approval on the appropriate electronic request form.
2. The content may not include attachments or links to third parties, including social media sites. The e-mail must close with a point of contact, email address and/or a telephone number within the Super Mega Chapter for questions or further information.
3. By requesting SHRM to send an e-mail blast on its behalf, a Super Mega Chapter agrees to indemnify SHRM against any and all liability and expenses which SHRM may incur as a result of claims made against SHRM based upon the fact that such e-mail violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third parties.
4. It must be clear that the e-mail is being sent by SHRM on behalf of an SHRM Super Mega Chapter. The language contained in the e-blast must be clearly stated and must NOT create confusion on behalf of the recipient as to who is authoring the e-blast. For example, a chapter must include the chapter's official name, rather than “SHRM”.
5. An e-blast may not promote a membership, service or product in direct competition with SHRM membership or an SHRM product under any circumstances. For example:
a. No e-blasts are permitted promoting memberships in non-SHRM affiliated HR associations.
b. No e-blasts are permitted promoting a certification preparation process using a product other than the SHRM Learning System as the basis for the process.
1. Requests must be submitted (or approved by) the Super Mega Chapter President, from his/her designee, or from the Super Mega Chapter Management Professional. The Chapter President and Chapter Management Professional should be made aware of the e-blast request.
2. The Super Mega Chapter President/Chapter Management Professional (and the person submitting the request, if other than the Chapter President/Chapter Management Professional) will be notified that the e- blast request has been fulfilled.
3. The request must only be for SHRM at-large members in the Chapter’s established at-large zip code range. Pursuant to the language in the Chapter charters, SHRM and the Super Mega Chapter shall be joint owners of the list of names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of those individuals who are members of both SHRM and the Chapter, (Joint Members) without any duty to account to the other for any profits derived from such list. The Super Mega Chapter is the exclusive owner of the list of names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of individuals who are members of the Chapter but not of SHRM (Chapter Only Members). SHRM is the exclusive owner of the names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of those individuals working within the Super Mega Chapter’s geography who are members of SHRM but not members of the Chapter (At-Large Members). The Super Mega Chapter has the non-exclusive right to use the list of names, and mailing addresses of At-Large Members only for the internal purposes of the Chapter, and (absent SHRM written consent) not for the purpose of licensing any such list to any third parties or offering or advertising the products or services of any third parties to At-Large Members.
E-BLAST GUIDELINES CHECKLIST FOR NON-100% SUPER MEGA CHAPTERS (Please review your submission before sending):
· Requests must be made on the electronic form.
· The e-blast request text is limited to up to 400 words.
· E-blasts are sent to the SHRM at-large members in the Chapter’s specified at-large zip code range only.
· E-blasts are limited to two (2) per Super Mega Chapter per calendar quarter – promotion for an event may not exceed two e-blasts.
· Content/purpose is limited to a Chapter membership drive, to promote/raise Chapter awareness, or to promote Chapter activities only.
· The e-blast may not include any type of attachments, images/graphics or third party links – this includes Social Media sites. Hyperlinks within the text directing the reader to the Super Mega Chapter’s web site are allowed and encouraged.
· Links to sites other than the Super Mega Chapter are not permitted.
· The e-mail must close with a point of contact, email address and/or a telephone number within the Super Mega Chapter for questions or further information.
· Promotion or links of third-party activities, even if endorsed or sponsored by the Super Mega Chapter, is not allowed, unless the third-party the State Council.
RECIPROCAL E-BLAST GUIDELINES FOR SHRM to SUPER MEGA CHAPTER MEMBERS:
To participate in the Super Mega Eblast program, the chapter agrees to Eblast SHRM-provided content to Local Members Only twice per calendar quarter. SHRM-developed content will be developed according to the following guidelines:
· Requests will be submitted electronically to the Chapter President or their designee with a copy to the President.
· The e-blast request text is limited to up to 400 words.
· Requests will be limited to SHRM-affiliated Super Mega Chapter Local Members only if such members can be accurately identified. If unable to separate, e-blast should be sent to all chapter members.
· E-blasts are limited to two (2) per calendar quarter – promotion for a SHRM event may not exceed two e-blasts.
· Content/purpose is limited to SHRM membership or to promote SHRM activities and programs only.
· The e-blast will not include any type of attachments, images/graphics or third party links – this includes Social Media sites. Hyperlinks within the text directing the reader to SHRM’s web site are allowed and encouraged.
· Links to sites other than SHRM is not permitted.
· The e-mail must close with a point of contact, email address and/or a telephone number within SHRM for questions or further information.
· Promotion or links of third-party activities, even if endorsed or sponsored by SHRM, is not allowed, unless the third-party is another SHRM Chapter or State Council.
· A copy of the e-blast will be sent to the respective Field Services Director.
I have read and understand the policy and guidelines.