The SHRM State Council is responsible for developing the content of the e-blast, which must be approved by the appropriate Field Services Director. If there are questions about the appropriateness of the content, the Field Services Director will forward the proposed content to the Member Relations Manager for review, feedback, and approval. Once approved, the Regional Administrator will insert the approved content inside the appropriate template and send the e-blast to the authorized audience. All content must be submitted for approval on the appropriate electronic request form.
By requesting SHRM to send an e-mail blast on its behalf, an SHRM State Council agrees to indemnify SHRM against any and all liability and expenses which SHRM may incur as a result of claims made against SHRM based upon the fact that such e-mail violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third parties.
It must be clear that the e-blast is being sent by SHRM on behalf of an SHRM State Council. The language contained in the e-blast must be clearly stated and must NOT create confusion on behalf of the recipient as to who is authoring the e-blast. For example, a State Council must include the State Council’s official name, rather than simply saying ”SHRM.”
An e-blast may not promote a membership, service or product in direct competition with SHRM membership or an SHRM product under any circumstances. For example:
- No e-blasts are permitted promoting memberships in non-SHRM affiliated HR associations.
- No e-blasts are permitted promoting a certification preparation process using a product other than the SHRM Learning System as the basis for the process.
A five business-day lead time is required for all e-blast requests.
State Council E-blasts
- Access to the request form can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Requests must be submitted (or approved by) the State Council Director or his/her designee. However, the State Council Director should still be made aware of the e-blast request.
- No multiple state and no Regional e-blasts are permitted. The request must be only for the state sponsoring the conference/event or SHRM at-large recruitment drive. E-blasts may not be sent to multiple states - for collaborative events between two states, each State Council must make an e-blast request to go to the SHRM members in his/her respective state.
- The e-blast request text is limited to up to 400 words.
- The State Council Director and/or his/her designee will be notified that the e-blast request has been fulfilled.
- Pursuant to the language in the State Council Charters, SHRM is the owner of the list of names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of those individuals who are members of SHRM. With respect to those SHRM members who are also members of SHRM chapters within the State Council’s state (SHRM/Chapter Joint Members) SHRM owns such membership list jointly with the SHRM chapter in which the member belongs. With respect to those SHRM members residing and/or working in the State Council’s state who are not members of a SHRM chapter (SHRM At-Large Members) SHRM is the exclusive owner of such membership list. The State Council has the non- exclusive right to use the list of names and mailing addresses of the SHRM At-Large- Members only for the internal purposes of the State Council, and may not, absent written consent of SHRM, use such list for the purpose of licensing any portion of it to any third parties or offering or advertising the products or services of any third parties to SHRM At- Large-Members. The State Council has the non-exclusive right to use the list of names, mailing addresses, and telephone numbers of the SHRM/Chapter Joint Members only for the internal purposes of the State Council, and may not, absent written consent of SHRM or the SHRM chapter(s) which jointly owns the portion of such list to be used, use such list for the purpose of licensing any portion of it to any third parties or offering or advertising the products or services of any third parties to SHRM/Chapter Joint Members.
E-BLAST GUIDELINES FOR STATE COUNCILS:
SHRM-affiliated State Councils may use this form to request an e-blast to a specific SHRM audience using the following guidelines:
State Conferences and Other State Council-sponsored Events:
- SHRM will e-blast promotional information regarding the State Conference and/or other State Council-sponsored events to all SHRM members in the state (in-chapter and at-large). There will be no e-blasting to other states. State Councils are encouraged to work with their sister State Councils should they desire to publicize their events in other states.
- The e-blast must close with a State Council point of contact, email address and/or telephone number for questions or further information.
- E-blasts will be limited to a total of two (2) per event (state conference, state legislative conference or other State Council-sponsored event such as Best Places to Work).
Communication with Members:
- SHRM will e-blast communications from the State Council to at-large SHRM members in the state to encourage chapter membership and/or to promote awareness of the State Council's existence.
- SHRM will e-blast communications from the State Council to all SHRM members in the state (in-chapter and at-large) regarding publication of State Councils newsletter and/or digital magazine.
- The e-blast must close with a State Council point of contact, email address/or and telephone number for questions or further information.
- E-blasts of this types will be limited to a total of two (2) per State Council per calendar quarter.
- E-blasts may not include any type of attachment, images/graphics or third party links - this includes Social Media sites; however, a hyperlink inside the text of the message directing readers to the State Council’s web site is allowed and encouraged.
- Promotion or links of third-party activities, even if endorsed or sponsored by the State Council, is not allowed, unless the third-party is a SHRM affiliated chapter within the state.
Blackout Period: SHRM will not send any eblast on behalf of the State Council during the period of June 1 – June 30. Please submit your request within 5 business days prior to the end of May.
I have read and understand the policy and guidelines.