Recertification Hours: 14
This two-day seminar comprises a broad range of concepts, practices, and objectives arising out of the relationship between an organization and its employees and among the employees themselves. The program covers the effects of the organization’s rules and culture on employee relations, helping HR professionals gain the knowledge and skills necessary to anticipate, address and diffuse workplace issues that may interfere with employee engagement and the organization’s business objectives. It reviews the policies and practices governing workplace rules and conduct; the scheme of federal, state and local laws and regulations impacting the employment relationship; and compliance.
- Define the scope of the employee relations discipline.
- Define key laws associated with employee relations to prevent workplace harassment and discrimination.
- Explain the importance of a positive organizational culture.
- Discuss how employee attitudes and engagement impact organizational culture and employee relations.
- Identify and describe communications best practices.
- Apply a dispute resolution process that complies with the law, adheres to the organization's policies.
- Appropriately recognize and address performance issues.
- Learn the importance of retaining high performers and how to do so.
- Explain the impact of career planning and development.
- Understand the impact of employee safety and security on employee relations.
Each Day: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com.