Recertification Hours: 2.5
(Approved for Strategic Business Management Credit)
In order for an organization’s diversity initiative to be successful, leaders must demonstrate a strong commitment. This means identifying diversity as a top priority and dedicating human, financial and operational resources to program success. Leaders also need to participate actively in the organization’s diversity management activities and lead by example. This module reviews strategies for gaining and strengthening senior leadership’s commitment to diversity.
The module consists of three topics:
- Communicating a commitment to diversity
- Involving senior leadership
- Leadership accountability
At the completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Describe ways in which senior leaders can communicate internally and externally the importance of diversity
- Identify strategies for involving senior leaders in the organization’s day-to-day diversity activities
- Identify strategies for holding leaders accountable for progress on diversity
Designed for the mid- to senior-level diversity and inclusion/HR professional.