Recertification Hours: 7.5
Competency - Consultation
This program provides participants with insights and tools to design or modify, implement, and administer a performance management system that supports the strategic mission of their organization.
Participants will engage in a variety of discussions, exercises, and case studies, which will help them:
- Evaluate performance management from a systems perspective
- Gain insights into the relationships between the various system components
- Develop strategies for interlinking components into a system that supports the dynamic mission of their organization, and
- Measure the effectiveness of a performance management system.
Participants will learn to evaluate performance management from a systems perspective, considering important elements, such as goal setting, ongoing communication, performance feedback, corrective action and strategic organizational goals; gain insights into the relationships between the various system parts; and develop strategies for interlinking them into a system that supports the dynamic mission of their organization.
- Align a performance management system with the strategic goals of the organization,
- Design or modify a performance management system to support motivation, learning, coaching, mentoring, recognition, and communication between employees and their immediate supervisor, and,
- Measure the effectiveness of a performance management system in supporting the strategic goals of their organization.