Recertification Hours: 7.5
Competency - Leadership & Navigation
Succession planning is a key component for business success, enabling an organization to recover when critical talent is lost. An effective succession plan includes a focus on development, preparing individuals for future opportunities. Systematic tracking is also critical.
This program creates a framework within which HR professionals can create, develop and implement an in-depth succession plan according to their organizations' current and future needs. This allows the organization to move from reactive replacement planning to a proactive strategic solution.
Participants will also learn how monitoring, developing and retaining critical talent creates a positive impact on the bottom line.
- Define succession planning.
- Ensure that the succession plan aligns and supports the broader organizational strategy, goals and objectives.
- Identify and retain critical organizational competencies.
- Identify succession planning approaches that meet the specific needs of your organization.
- Define current and future organizational needs that are critical to organizational success.
- Understand how succession planning and replacement planning both play a role in the success of an organization.
- Analyze and evaluate the success of your organizations plan.