SHRM Essentials® of Human Resource Management
Recertification Hours: 13
This two-day program provides participants with a complete overview of human resources roles and responsibilities. Participants learn techniques for effectively handling daily HR and people management challenges. This course covers real-life HR issues and current, vital topics including: employment law; selecting qualified employees; compensation; orientation and training; and the performance management process.
- Gain practical HR knowledge and the skills to improve HR job performance
- Reduce your company's risk of potential high-cost litigation
- Promote a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-HR management
- Offer professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance
- Develop a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization
- Module 1: Human Resource Management
- Module 2: Employment Law
- Module 3: Recruitment and Selection
- Module 4: Compensation and Benefits
- Module 5: Employee Development
- Module 6: Performance Management
Who Benefits from this Program?
- Junior and entry level HR professionals
- Non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees
- Individuals seeking a career in human resources
- New or experienced people managers interested in learning more about efficient and capable employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- Business managers who want to ensure that their company avoids costly litigation that could be prevented through basic HR best practices
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of fundamental U.S. HR practices
Each participant receives a Certificate of Achievement upon completion of the program.
SHRM Essentials for Individuals!
Are you an individual looking for SHRM Essentials training? Please see our SHRM Seminar public course offerings for more information.
Contact us at OrgTraining@SHRM.org or 703-535-6496.