Legal Aspects of Supervision
- A 1.5-day on-site program or programs
Litigation and government enforcement in the employment-law arena have increased significantly in recent years — as have settlements, damage awards and fines. From equal employment opportunity to wage and hour issues, the workplace can become a potentially expensive minefield of liability. Designed specifically for non-HR supervisors, this course focuses on key employment law concepts and how they translate into day-to-day practices that minimize an organization’s exposure.
Module 1: Overview of key federal employment law
- Equal employment opportunity (including Title VII, age discrimination, Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Workplace harassment and hostile work environment issues
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (wage and hour)
Module 2: Best management practices
- Performance management
- Terminations (voluntary and involuntary)
Who benefits from this program?
- Non-HR employees with supervisory duties
- HR professionals who want to reinforce their knowledge of employment law and compliance issues
Contact us at OrgTraining@SHRM.org or 703-535-6496.