The SHRM Essentials provides knowledge and skills you can use immediately. It addresses six key human resource management practices, which are compiled into one comprehensive course book for easy reference.
Module One: Human Resource Management
- Define human resource management.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of HR professionals.
- Explain and strengthen the alignment between strategic planning and HR planning.
Module Two: Employment Law
- Federal EEO legislation
- The EEOC and affirmative action
- Compensation legislation
- Other federal employment laws
- Employee handbooks
Module Three: Recruitment and Selection
- Evaluate recruiting methods and their effectiveness.
- Analyze and evaluate job candidates.
- Recognize biases in the interview process and how to eliminate them.
- Explain the selection process and identify key selection tools.
Module Four: Compensation and Benefits
- Explain the basic elements of a total compensation system.
- Understand the role of base pay, incentives and differentials in employee compensation.
- Explain the four key steps of the compensation system design process.
- Provide an overview of benefits commonly offered by employers.
Module Five: Employee Development
- Understand the importance of learning styles and adult learning principles in development training.
- Explain the purposes of orientation, onboarding, training and development.
- Identify on-the-job and off-the-job training strategies.
- Identify key professional development tools.
- Explain the four levels of evaluation.
Module Six: Performance Management
- Describe the performance evaluation process and systems.
- Identify common evaluation errors.
- Conduct effective disciplinary meetings.
- Identify legal issues to consider during employee terminations.
How to Order
E-Mail your Order Form
Download Order Form
Fax to +1.651.905.2669
800.444.5006, option #2 or +1.651.905.2663
Please have credit card and SHRM member number ready to receive member discount.
Download Order Form
Mail to: SHRM Distribution Center
2975 Lone Oak Drive, Suite 180
Eagan, MN 55121-1553