By Lin Grensing-Pophal
2010, 275 pages, Paperback
Item #: 61.16501-2
Buy Now At The
A PDF version e-book is also available through Independent Publishers Group.
Starting the human resource function in a company of any size can be a daunting experience. You must be concerned about a wide range of issues, from the operational (establishing policies and procedures) to the strategic (designing a competitive compensation and benefit plan). And chances are that if you’re faced with all of these challenges, you are probably an HR generalist. If so, then you will find that Human Resource Essentials: Your Guide to Starting and Running the HR Function is ideally suited to address your workplace realities.
From staffing, training, and performance management to compensation and benefits, policy creation and review, and management reports, this thoroughly revised best-seller offers the information needed to design the HR function. It provides easy-to-follow instructions for designing a foundation for a reliable and productive employee relations strategy.
New to the Second Edition:
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act -- more commonly referred to as “health care reform”
- The latest data on workplace trends and the economic downturn
- Updates on the statutes and regulations that govern the employer-employee relationship
- The critical connection between HR and ROI
- The emergence of social networking in talent recruitment
And much more.