[back to SHRM-Published Books]
July 27, 2012
SHRM book author speaking at the SHRM 2012 Diversity & Inclusion Conference & Exposition (October 22-24, 2012):
Howard J. Ross, author of Reinventing Diversity: Transforming Organizational Community to Strengthen People, Purpose and Performance, will be presenting the preconference workshop, "The Inner Work of Diversity Professionals," on Sunday, October 21 and the concurrent session, "How to Create Harmony in a Polarized Society," on Monday, October 22.
July 24, 2012
SHRM-published e-book bestsellers list
1. Got A Minute? The 9 Lessons Every HR Professional Must Learn to Be Successful
2. HR Competencies: Mastery at the Intersection of People and Business
3. Business-Focused HR: 11 Processes to Drive Results
4. Solving the Compensation Puzzle: Putting Together a Complete Pay and Performance System
5. Stop Bullying at Work: Strategies and Tools for HR and Legal Professionals
6. From Hello to Goodbye: Proactive Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations
7. Business Literacy Survival Guide for HR Professionals
* Based on the total number of e-books (Kindle, ePub, and PDF formatted) from January 2012 through June 2012.
For a complete list of all SHRM-published books, e-books, and audio books, click here.
July 10, 2012
Point Counterpoint: New Perspectives on People & Strategy edited by Anna Tavis, Richard Vosburgh, and Ed Gubman is now available as Kindle version e-book from Amazon
July 3, 2012
SHRM book authors speaking at the 2012 SHRM Strategy Conference (October 3-5, 2012)
William Schiemann, author of The ACE Advantage: How Smart Companies Unleash Talent for Optimal Performance and Reinventing Talent Management: How to Maximize Performance in the New Marketplace and coauthor of Bullseye: Hitting Your Strategic Targets Through High-Impact Measurement will be copresenting "How to Use the People Equity Model to Drive Business Success" on Wednesday, October 3.
Coauthors of HR at Your Service: Lessons from Benchmark Service Organizations, Gary Latham (who also wrote Becoming the Evidence-Based Manager: Making the Science of Management Work for You) and Robert Ford will be presenting "Creating Client Centric HR: HR at Your Service" on Thursday, October 4.
Scott Mondore, coauthor of Business-Focused HR: 11 Processes to Drive Results and Investing in What Matters: Linking Employees to Business Outcomes will be copresenting "Using Analytics to Integrate and Drive Talent Management" on Friday, October 5.
July 2, 2012
Best selling SHRM-published books at the SHRM 2012 Annual Conference & Exposition
1. Got a Minute? The 9 Lessons Every HR Professional Must Learn to Be Successful by Dale J. Dwyer and Sheri A. Caldwell
2. From Hello to Goodbye: Proactive Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations by Christine V. Walters
3. The Power of Stay Interviews for Engagement and Retention by Richard P. Finnegan
4. (tied). The Essential Guide to Workplace Investigations: How to Handle Employee Complaints & Problems, 2nd edition by Lisa Guerin
The Chief HR Officer: Defining the New Role of Human Resource Leaders edited by Patrick M. Wright, John W. Boudreau, David A. Pace, Elizabeth “Libby” Sartain, Paul McKinnon, and Richard L. Antoine
5. Managing to Stay Out of Court: How to Avoid the 8 Deadly Sins of Mismanagement by Jathan Janove
6. 101 Sample Write-Ups for Documenting Employee Performance Problems: A Guide to Progressive Discipline & Termination, 2d edition by Paul Falcone
7. Reinventing Talent Management: How to Maximize Performance in the New Marketplace by William A. Schiemann
8. Reinventing Diversity: Transforming Organizational Community to Strengthen People, Purpose and Performance by Howard J. Ross
9 (tied). The ACE Advantage: How Smart Companies Unleash Talent for Optimal Performance by William A. Schiemann
HR Competencies: Mastery at the Intersection of People and Business by Dave Ulrich, Wayne Brockbank, Dani Johnson, Kurt Sandholtz, and Jon Younger
10 (tied). Performance Appraisal Source Book by Mike Deblieux
Solving the Compensation Puzzle: Putting Together a Complete Pay and Performance System by Sharon K. Koss