Smart Policies for Workplace Technologies: Email, Blogs, Cell Phones and More, second edition
By Lisa Guerin
2011, 225 pages, Paperback with CD-ROM
SHRMStore Item #: 61.15009-2
Buy Now At The
The technology wave is just beginning. Nearly every day a new device -- or an innovative way to use something we've already got -- promises to make our lives better and to revolutionize the way we work. Regardless of how technology evolves, one thing remains constant: New technology brings new and definable risks for employers. The risk of misuse -- whether accidental or intentional -- increases the risk of liability. That's why it's so important that any business that employs both people and computers create a safe and sensible policy for the appropriate use of technologies in the workplace.
Smart Policies for Workplace Technologies provides the tools HR professionals need to assess their current policies' effectiveness, along with information on how to draft or revise, then distribute, communicate, and enforce your new customized policies.
Protect your business with a policy that addresses:
- protection of trade secrets
- customer, employer, and employee privacy
- management of electronic documents and tools
- limiting liability for employee misconduct
- conserving company resources
The second edition includes a timely new chapter on social media. It provides guidance on postings, authorship and disclaimers, and how to handle comments.
The forms on the included CD-ROM cover
- Computer and Software Use Policy
- E-mail Policy
- Internet Policy
- Instant Messaging Policy
- Blogs and Personal Posting Policy
- Cell Phone Policy
- Portable Computing Device Policy
- Camera Phone Policy
- Electronic Communications and Equipment Policy Acknowledgment Form
- Company-Sponsored Social Media Policy
Co-published with Nolo.