Subject Adviser: Samuel L. Hayes
Series Content Adviser: Wendy Bliss
2005, 329 pages, Paperback
SHRMStore Item: 61.11500
Order from the SHRMStore or call (800) 444-5006
No organization can survive and fulfill its purpose if it spends more money than it takes in. Human resource professionals must have a solid understanding of foundational financial concepts if they are to meaningfully support their firm's strategic goals and make the smartest possible use of limited resources.
The Essentials of Finance and Budgeting explains how HR professionals can understand and use basic financial information and tools to:
- Analyze key financial statements.
- Create and implement an HR scorecard.
- Understand the implications of tax laws.
- Make accurate forecasts and budgets.
- Measure and report human capital.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis, EVA, discounted case flow and more.
Co-published by SHRM and Harvard Business School Press.