Subject Adviser: Michael Watkins
Series Content Adviser: Wendy Bliss
2005, 288 pages, Paperback
SHRMStore Item #: 61.13503
Order from the SHRMStore or call (800) 444-5006
Whether pitching a new HR program to the CEO, bargaining with a vendor or designing a salary agreement for an employee, HR professionals constantly engage in negotiations that can improve-or hinder-their organization's strategic performance.
The Essentials of Negotiation includes tips and tools that will help HR professionals become effective, influential negotiators in their firms as they learn to:
- Master preparation techniques.
- Match the right negotiation tactic to the right situation.
- Reshape the negotiation process when deals get contentious.
- Handle personnel agreements including salaries and counteroffers.
- Effectively influence bosses and peers.
- Forge advantageous agreements with vendors and consultants.
- Protect their organizations from legal disputes.
Co-published by SHRM and Harvard Business School Press.