Trainer's Diversity Source Book
By Jonamay Lambert and Selma Myers
2004, 224 pages, Paperback with CD-ROM
SHRMStore Item #: 61.12502
Buy now at the SHRMStore
The format of Trainer's Diversity Source Book brings a fresh approach to already successful training aids.
Each of the 50 included activities establishes a positive environment and helps participants express themselves on the topic being covered, learn through experience and by listening to others. The Activity Matrix provides an overview of the activities, their purposes and uses, and whether they offer an expanded version for longer or more detailed work.
The creative templates for meeting announcements, participant invitations, meeting reminders, session evaluations and post session meeting follow-up messages save facilitators time and provide integrated, consistent messages, create pre-session excitement, and handle post-session follow-up.
Discussion and real-life case studies teach you how to:
- Effectively handle discussions of value and beliefs;
- Handle objections based on moral grounds;
- Create a welcoming environment;
- Avoid making judgments or placing blame;
- Avoid common facilitator pitfalls;
- Understand the facilitator's own stereotypes and other potential barriers.
The CD-ROM contains all of the exercise, handouts, prepared charts, quotes, and templates in the book.
Read an Excerpt.