Compensation Data Center FAQ
- Q: Can I review a sample report before purchasing?
- A: Yes. Please click here for a free sample report.
- Q: Where does the data in these compensation reports come from?
- A: All the data is generated and verified by Towers Watson Data Services, a leading provider of compensation, benefits, and employment practices information to the global employer community. Towers Watson's rigorous data processes, coupled with the depth of its databases, guarantee the delivery of high-quality, robust data and consistent reporting practices. You can read more about Towers Watson's data methodology here.
- Q: Do I have to be a member to buy reports through SHRM and receive a discount on compensation reports?
- A: Yes. To receive your discount by joining SHRM, click here.
- Q: Why purchase through SHRM?
- A: Members of SHRM who purchase through the SHRM website get a significant discount than if they were to purchase directly through Towers Watson Data Services. SHRM members can also purchase data for individual job titles, extracted from Towers Watson Data Services U.S. job level and functional survey reports
- Q: What is the price of the reports?
- Q: How do I purchase a report?
- A: To purchase either the online compensation report or the single job position report, click here and follow the instructions on the page.
- Q: How long can I have access to this tool?
- A: You will have access to the report you purchase for three years from your purchase date. You will be able to customize the output from the report you purchased during that time but if you want different information in a new report you will have to purchase that report separately.
- Q: In which ways can I customize my compensation data?
- A: Each Online Compensation Report is fully customizable, providing users with the ability to easily generate position reports based on geographic area (in some cases, by a specific metropolitan area), industry, organization staff and revenue size, and profit status.
- Q: What is the difference between the online compensation reports and the single position reports?
- Comprehensive Online job level and/or job family compensation reports include data for all surveyed functions and disciplines offered in a particular survey. Delivered through CompSource, each report allow the user to customize the results or access the full report in either a PDF or Excel format.
- Comprehensive Single Job Position reports:
- A database of more than 200 individual job titles which is a concatenation of a specific surveyed function and discipline.
- SHRM members can purchase data for individual job titles, extracted from Towers Watson Data Services U.S. job level and functional survey reports at a significant savings over the cost of the full survey report.
- Single Job Position reports allow members to zero in and buy pay data for the exact jobs they want, at significant savings.
- Click for a complete listing of the 200+ single position reports.
- Q: How credible are these compensation data?
- A: The compensation data have gone through multiple vetting processes. It has been collected by Towers Watson Data Services, one of the most reputable global firms in compensation data with one of the largest databases of compensation data in the world.
- Q: Who is Towers Watson / Towers Watson Data (formerly Watson Wyatt and Towers Perrin) Services?
- A: Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, risk and financial management with 14,000 associates around the world. Towers Watson was forged from the decades of experience, innovation and clients-first philosophy that were hallmarks of both Towers Perrin and Watson Wyatt. Although their vision is firmly fixed on the future, their roots go back 130 years.