In the event of an influenza pandemic or other communicable disease situation, [Name of Company] may implement these social distancing guidelines to minimize the spread of the influenza and other communicable diseases among the staff.
During the work day, employees are requested to:
1. Avoid meeting people face-to-face. Employees are encouraged to use the telephone, video conferencing and the Internet to conduct business as much as possible, even when participants are in the same building.
2. If a face-to-face meeting is unavoidable, minimize the meeting time, choose a large meeting room and sit at least one yard from each other if possible; avoid person-to-person contact such as shaking hands.
3. Avoid any unnecessary travel and cancel or postpone nonessential meetings, gatherings, workshops and training sessions.
4. Do not congregate in work rooms, pantries, copier rooms or other areas where people socialize.
5. Bring lunch and eat at your desk or away from others (avoid lunch rooms and crowded restaurants).
6. Encourage members and others to request information and orders via phone and e-mail in order to minimize person-to-person contact. Have the orders, materials and information ready for fast pick-up or delivery.
Employees might be encouraged to the extent possible to:
1. Avoid public transportation (walk, cycle, drive a car) or go early or late to avoid rush-hour crowding on public transportation.
2. Avoid recreational or other leisure classes, meetings, activities, etc. where employees might come into contact with contagious people.
Managers will determine which, if any, employees may work from home and encourage all employees who are able to telecommute to do so.
Conferences, seminars and educational events
Managers will determine if and when to cancel or postpone company events.