Comprehensive information for employers about recruiting and hiring qualified applicants with disabilities is available in the Recruitment and Retention section of Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) web site.
Some other larger employment service providers and programs include the following:
- The Employer Assistance Referral Network (EARN), a service for employers sponsored by the ODEP, helps employers find qualified applicants with disabilities. You may contact EARN via its web site or by calling 1-866-EARN NOW (1-866-327-6669).
Ways to recruit workers with disabilities include:
- Posting open positions at job service or workforce employment centers.
- Contacting college and university career centers.
- Partnering with disability related advocacy organizations.
- Including people with disabilities in diversity recruitment goals.
- Posting open positions or hosting tables/booths at disability related job fairs.
- Establishing summer internship and mentoring programs.
Posting open positions at independent living centers.
SHRM HR Knowledge Center
As a professional member of SHRM, you can receive free, exclusive access to the HR Knowledge Center. Our advisors have many years of HR experience and a wide variety of resources to assist you with your HR questions. You may reach the Knowledge Center at (800) 283-7476, Option #5 or by using the HR Knowledge Center Request Form.
The HR Knowledge Center has gathered resources on current topics in HR management. Click here to view and request information.