Don Crosby of Chicago and Thomas M. Darrow of Roswell, Ga., have joined the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Foundation Board of Directors.
The SHRM Foundation is a not-for-profit affiliate of SHRM that is charged with advancing HR education, innovation and research to expand HR’s impact on business strategy and organizational development.
Crosby, appointed to fill a director-at-large vacancy, immediately begins an 18-month term. He is senior vice president of international and home office HR for the McDonald’s Corp. He oversees the home office HR division and the development of international HR strategies and plans in support of the company’s overall corporate strategies. He also served four years in the U.S. Marine Corps and took business administration classes at Broome Community College, which is located in Susquehanna River Valley, New York.
Darrow, whom SHRM Board chair Robb Van Cleave appointed, begins a one-year term in 2010 as a designated director-at-large member. He is the 2009 SHRM Georgia State Council President-Elect, was a charter member of the SHRM Foundation Board’s Advisory Council, was the 2006-07 president of SHRM-Atlanta, and served on SHRM’s Staffing Management Special Expertise Panel from 2005 to 2008.
He has more than 19 years of experience in HR and recruitment—he wove HR topics into his 2004 stand-up debut at The Punchline comedy club in Atlanta—and is the founder and principal of Talent Connections LLC. He’s also a principal with Career Spa LLC.
His professional background includes senior HR roles with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Accenture. He received a bachelor’s in business administration degree in accounting from the University of Notre Dame.
“We are happy that Don and Tom are joining the SHRM Foundation Board of Directors,” said Lyle Hanna, SPHR, chairman of the SHRM Foundation Board, in a press release. “Their extensive experience with business strategy, human resources and global business is integral to accomplishing our mission of using education, research and innovation to enhance HR’s role in business development and strategy.”
The complete 2009 SHRM Foundation Board of Directors is as follows:
- Chair—Lyle S. Hanna, SPHR, Hanna Resource Group.
- Chair-Elect—William A. Schiemann, Ph.D., Metrus Group.
- Secretary/Treasurer—Judith Clark, SPHR, CPC, HR Answers.
- Immediate Past Chair—Maureen J. Fleming, Ph.D., University of Montana.
- Director—Don Crosby, McDonald’s Corp.
- Director—Lawrence Fogli, Ph.D., People Focus.
- Director—China Miner Gorman, SHRM.
- Director—Mary A. Gowan, Ph.D., Elon University.
- Director—Howard J. Klein, Ph.D., Ohio State University.
- Director—Richard Klimoski, Ph.D., George Mason University.
- Director—Merry Lee Lison, SPHR, TRC Global Solutions Inc.
- Director—Lynn Outwater, Esq., SPHR, Jackson Lewis LLP.
- Director—Denise M. Rousseau, Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University.
- Director—James R. Schultz, SPHR, GPHR, Chevron Corp.
- Director—M. Susan Taylor, Ph.D., University of Maryland.