Oct. 28-30 event will feature insight on managing U.S. and global diversity
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – More than 500 business and human resource professionals will gather Oct. 28-30 in San Francisco to focus on managing people, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace at the Society for Human Resource Management’s annual diversity conference.
WHAT: SHRM Diversity & Inclusion Conference & Exposition
WHEN: Oct. 28-30, 2013
WHERE: San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel, 780 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94103
DETAILS: The 2 ½-day conference, being held in San Francisco for the first time, will feature more than 30 sessions, providing insight and tools to manage U.S. and global diversity issues that impact business success.
Expert-led sessions will address:
• How bias destroys employee engagement and how to address it to improve job satisfaction;
• Why gender-balanced teams tend to yield better business results than teams stacked with one gender;
• How “perception discrimination” affects what one sees and hears, and how to stop it before it leads to discrimination and harassment claims;
• The ways military veterans, Millennials and older workers can boost team performance;
• The critical communication skills and cultural awareness employees need to effectively implement global business objectives.
Keynote speakers include:
• Judy Smith, professional fixer, inspiration for ABC’s “Scandal” television series, and founder and president of Smith & Co.;
• Vernice “Flygirl” Armour, America’s first African-American female combat pilot;
• Adora Svitak, the now 14-year-old child prodigy and education advocate;
• Steve Pemberton, author, child advocate and chief diversity officer for Walgreens.
Visit SHRM’s Diversity & Inclusion Conference website for more information: http://www.shrm.org/Conferences/Diversity/Pages/default.aspx
MEDIA: The conference is open to media coverage. SHRM’s Diversity & Inclusion experts, Shirley Davis Sheppard and Eric Peterson, are available for interviews.
Follow conference news on Twitter @SHRMPress. Hashtag: #SHRMdivcon.
PRESS CREDENTIALS: Contact Kate Kennedy of SHRM Public Affairs at 703-535-6260 or Kate.email@example.com.
About the Society for Human Resource Management
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing about 260,000 members in more than 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and the United Arab Emirates. Visit SHRM Online at www.shrm.org and follow us on Twitter @SHRMPress.