SHRM 2013 Annual Conference: 15,000 HR Professionals Expected June 16-19 in Chicago
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – May 2, 2013 — Almost15,000 human resource professionals from across the United States and approximately 75 countries will meet in Chicago to attend the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM) 65th Annual Conference and Exposition, June 16-19, 2013 at McCormick Place. (Twitter: #SHRM13)
SHRM’s 2013 annual conference will also bring to Chicago hundreds of expert-level HR professionals and thought leaders in business and people management.
Attendees will have access to roughly 235 concurrent sessions and workshops including:
- 30 sessions on business management and strategy;
- 23 sessions covering benefits and compensation;
- 26 sessions highlighting international HR;
- 48 sessions discussing employment laws and legislative activity impacting HR;
- 34 sessions regarding leadership development; and
- 68 sessions focused on recruiting and hiring.
Conference keynote speakers include:
- Mark Kelly, retired astronaut and U.S. Navy Captain;
- Gabby Giffords, former U.S. representative from Arizona (will speak during a moderated Q&A session);
- Daniel Pink, New York Times best-selling author and business provocateur;
- Blake Mycoskie, founder of TOMS shoe company; and
- Fareed Zakaria, host of CNN Fareed Zakaria GPS.
SHRM’s annual Employee Benefits Survey and a poll on health care reform will be released at the conference, and winners of the SHRM-sponsored AARP Best Employers for Workers over 50 Award will be announced.
Roughly 700 exhibitors are also expected to showcase the latest in HR-related business services and solutions, and HR software and technology.
To register, SHRM members and nonmembers may visit: http://annual.shrm.org/registration.
Follow news on Twitter: @SHRMPress and #SHRM13.
Media: The authors of the research and other SHRM experts will be available at press briefings during the conference. Briefings will discuss SHRM research; immigration reform; and SHRM’s work on HR competencies. Several winners of the AARP Best Employers for Workers over 50 Award will be available at a press briefing on Tuesday, June 18.
Members of the media are required to register. For press credentials, please contact the SHRM Media Affairs team Julie Malveaux at 703-535-6273 or email@example.com; Jennifer Hughes at 703-535-6072 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Kate Kennedy at 703-535-6260 or email@example.com.
About the Society for Human Resource Management
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 260,000 members in over 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China and India. Visit SHRM Online at http://www.shrm.org