The MAC serves as an interface between the volunteer leaders and the SHRM Board of Directors. The MAC is composed of one elected representative from each of the Regional Councils. The MAC provides input from the membership through the regional councils to the board and feedback from the board to the membership, back through the regional councils; and provides operational input to SHRM to ensure optimum service/support to and from the volunteer leadership.
News and Information - For news and information, click here.
2013 MAC Representatives
CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT, DE, MD, NJ, PA
Kristine Avery, SPHR Director of Human Resources
Saint Joseph’s College
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish, ME 04084
Mobile: (207) 754-8365
- Employed as the SVP of HR for the past 12 years by FISC Solutions in Lewiston Maine, which is a national financial services and payment processing provider, and a 2011 & 2012 Best Places to Work in Maine employer.
- Passionate SHRM Volunteer leader since 2006 serving as the SHRM Maine State Council Director in 2011 & 2012 and 2 years prior as Director-Elect. Also held chapter leadership roles including Treasurer, President-Elect, President and Immediate Past President of HRASM, Maine’s largest chapter.
- Instructor of the SPHR/PHR Certification Preparatory Exam course at the University of Southern Maine since 2007.
- Featured as the cover story in the “Maine Ahead” magazine titled “People & Profit – Up with People Power” in October 2011.
- Traveled to Brazil with the SHRM People-to-People HR Executive Delegation in 2011
- Named Maine’s 2010 HR Leader of the Year and inducted in Maine’s HR’s Hall of Fame in 2011
Northeast Region Alternate: Charla Bizios Stevens (NH)
AL, GA, FL, MS, BM, BS, PR, USVI, DC, KY, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV
Paula H. Harvey, MBA, SPHR, GPHR, ASCCEO, K&P Consulting, Inc., Adjunct UNC Charlotte
5901 Tillery Drive
Charlotte, NC 28226
Phone: (704) 341-4340
- Paula Harvey is the CEO of her human resources/business consulting firm since 2004. Her firm provides services to small to medium sized organizations.
- Paula has been serving as the NC SHRM state director since October 2010 through December 2013.
- Paula has been involved with her local SHRM chapters since 1994 and joined SHRM in 1998.She has held many varied leadership positions including president for two chapters.
- She is an active member of 4 chapters. She is passionate about college relations and is the faculty advisor for UNC Charlotte SHRM since 2003.
- In 2008 she chaired the NCSHRM state conference with over 500 attendees, 125 volunteers, 100 exhibitors and 76 speakers.
- Paula also teaches at several institutions of higher learning including Central Piedmont Community College where she has been instructing the SHRM Learning System since 2001.
- Paula has lived, traveled, and taught overseas and speaks several languages.
Southeast Region Alternate: Judy Nail, PHR (MS)
SOUTHWEST CENTRAL REGION
AR, LA, MO, OK, TX, AZ, CO, KS, NM, UT
- Rebecca Briley is currently the Human Resources Manager for E Federal Credit Union in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- She has been a SHRM Volunteer Leader for over 13 years with multiple leadership positions within her local chapter Greater Baton Rouge SHRM as well as the Louisiana SHRM State Council.
- Rebecca served as the 2011-2012 State Director of the Louisiana SHRM State Council.
- She has been the Co-Chair of the Louisiana SHRM HR Conference for the past two years and will be serving as the 2013 Conference Chair.
Southwest Central Region Alternate: Nicole Shannon, SPHR, CLM (TX)
NORTH CENTRAL REGION
IA, MN, WI, ND, SD, NE,IL, IN, MI, OH
Donna Rogers, MEd., SPHR Instructor
University of Illinois Springfield (UIS)
MS: UHB 4060
Department of Management
College of Business & Management
University Hall, UHB 4073
Southern View, IL 62703-5407
Phone: (217) 206-8264
- Donna Rogers is a full-time Instructor of Strategic HR, HRM, OD, & OB in the management department of the College of Business & Management at the University of Illinois at Springfield
- Part-time consultant via her 12 year old business Rogers HR Consulting, Springfield, Illinois winning Small Business Award of the Year by local Chamber of Commerce
- SHRM Volunteer Leader for over 16 years with multiple leadership positions within her local chapter CIC- SHRM as well as the Illinois State Council of SHRM. She currently serves as the 2013-2014 Outgoing State Director of the Illinois State Council of SHRM.
- Prior military experience in safety via the Illinois Air National Guard
North Central Region Alternate: Kenda Fink, PHR (NE)
PACIFIC WEST REGION
AK, CA, HI, NV, GU, CNMI, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY
Debbie Horne, SPHR
41 Areo Camino
Santa Barbara, CA 93117
Phone: (805) 637-7373
- Director of Human Resources for CMC Rescue, a manufacturer of equipment for search and rescue, with global Technical Rescue School operations
- Faculty member at UCSB, Technology Management Program
- Current State Director for CalSHRM, past President of the SBHRA and SHRM volunteer leader for 15 years with multiple leadership positions
- Masters in Organizational Development, BA in Business Administration, SPHR
- Member of the SHRM CA Expertise Panel
Pacific West Region Alternate: Patricia Hickok, SPHR, GPHR (AK)
Laurie McIntosh, SPHR
Director, Member Engagement
Phone: 1-800-283-7476, enter ”1” & ext. 6408
Susan B. Post, SPHR, CAE
Director, Eastern Region & Field Services Director, Northeast
CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT
Phone: 1- 800-283-7476, enter "1" & ext. 6201
Martha T. Ramirez, SPHR
Director, Western Region & Field Services Director, North Central
IL, IN, MI, OH
Phone: 1-800-283-7476, enter "1" & ext. 6290
Want to learn more about the MAC?
Membership Advisory Council Operating Guidelines
Membership Advisory Council Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)