Shirley A. Davis, Ph.D.
Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion, SHRM
As Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion at SHRM, Dr. Davis is a well-respected thought leader on workplace diversity issues and has successfully positioned SHRM as the leader in the diversity and inclusion field. She spearheaded the largest global study done on diversity and inclusion practices, perceptions, and attitudes, published in 2009. In 2008 and 2010, she convened 200 global thought leaders from 15 countries to identify key challenges and innovative solutions for the global 21st century workforce.
Why Shirley is a Game Changer:
- Dr. Davis is co-leading an effort to identify and launch the first-ever D&I standards of practice for the field through the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the International Standards Organization (ISO).
- In 2008, she was named a Front Runner in Diversity by Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- In 2011 she was named one of the Top 100 Corporate Executives in America by Uptown Professional.
- She led a Diversity Practice Analysis project that outlined the body of knowledge, skills, and associated activities required to practice in the D&I field.
- She led the efforts at SHRM to produce the largest U.S.-based study, The Current State of Workplace Diversity Management, which was published in 2008.
- Thought leadership, products and services produced under her direction are considered best-in-class, and continue to prepare HR & Diversity professionals to "change the game" in their organizations.