With the COVID-19 pandemic still on the forefront, SHRM will continue to acknowledge the work HR professionals do to support their organizations and/or community's COVID-19 interventions. To that end, SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credential holders will be provided with the opportunity to
earn 30 PDCs in the Advance Your Organization category for their work in this area.
The following examples showcase some of the activities you can document for PDCs.
To take advantage of this opportunity, follow the instructions outlined in the COVID-19 Work Project Summary Form.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Why is SHRM offering this option?
With the COVID-19 pandemic still in the forefront, SHRM realizes many HR professionals continue to support their organization’s and/or community’s COVID-19 needs and want to make sure those SHRM certified receive acknowledgment for the countless hours that they have dedicated to this effort.
2. How does the process work?
NOTE: Please keep in mind that SHRM conducts random verification reviews on a percentage of completed recertification records. If you choose this activity option and your record is selected, and it does not contain a correctly completed form, credits will be denied for this activity until the appropriate documentation is received. Please refer to the 2021 Recertification Requirements Handbook for additional information on the verification process.
3. What type of information and how much of it do I need to include on my summary form?
Your completed form should include a robust summary of the activities you were involved in that reflects the knowledge and expertise obtained and/or shared as a result of your work leading and/or participating in your organization’s and/or community’s COVID-19 response. This includes educational programs, activities, or events offered by SHRM and/or SHRM local chapters or state councils.
Not a chapter member? Take this opportunity to expand your network by engaging with your
local SHRM chapter.
4. For what reason(s) might my COVID-19 work project submission not be approved?
Your credits may not be approved if:
5. How soon can I submit my completed recertification record?You may submit your completed recertification record one year into your 3-year recertification cycle.
6. Do I have to pay to recertify, and if so, what is the fee?
Yes, the recertification fee(s) still apply. $100 for members, $150 for non-members, and an additional $50 late fee if you submit after your cycle end date and within your cycle grace period.
7. I already have credits on my record so the addition of these credits will put me over the required amount to recertify. What happens to those additional credits?
Our carryover policy will allow you to carry up to 20 PDCs forward to your next recertification cycle.
8. Is this offer only available this year, or is it a permanent professional development option?This option is a permanent professional development option.
If you reside within the United States, you must watch at least one chapter or state council webinar focusing on COVID-19 and include the PDC activity ID in your write-up. Anyone can view the following webinars. You do not have to be a participating chapter member.
Membership in a SHRM local chapter is separate from membership in SHRM. We encourage you to become a member of both! Use the
Chapter Locator to easily identify a local professional or student chapter in your area.