Not a Member? Get access to HR news and resources that you can trust.
HR professionals share their advice for minimizing worker stress and boosting retention.
Is your employee handbook ready for the changing world of work? With SHRM’s Employee Handbook Builder get peace of mind that your handbook is up-to-date.
Virtual SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Prep Seminars kick off September 12 and fill up fast!
Expand your influence and learn how to become an effective leader. Join us in Phoenix, AZ | OCTOBER 2 - 4, 2017
2. A change in the number of employee’s dependents caused by birth, adoption, placement for adoption or death.
3. A change in the number of dependents whose care can be reimbursed on a pretax basis, as it applies to dependent-care elections.
4. The start or end of an adoption proceeding as it applies to adoption-assistance elections.
5. A change in residence for an employee, spouse or dependent.
6. A change in employment status of an employee, spouse or dependent. These may include changes in worksite, strike, lockout, starting or ending employment, starting or returning from an unpaid leave of absence, a change in job status (for example, from part-time to full-time) or other changes that affect plan eligibility.
7. A change that causes an employee’s dependent to start or stop meeting the plan’s eligibility criteria. Examples include attaining the limiting age (often 19 years old) and ceasing to be a full-time student.
You have successfully saved this page as a bookmark.
Please confirm that you want to proceed with deleting bookmark.
You have successfully removed bookmark.
Please log in as a SHRM member before saving bookmarks.
Your session has expired. Please log in again before saving bookmarks.
Please purchase a SHRM membership before saving bookmarks.
An error has occurred
Recommended for you
Choose from dozens of free webcasts on the most timely HR topics.
SHRM’s HR Vendor Directory contains over 3,200 companies