Not a Member? Get access to HR news and resources that you can trust.
We asked HR professionals to tell us about their time in HR. Here are their stories.
Is your employee handbook keeping up with the changing world of work? With SHRM's Employee Handbook Builder get peace of mind that your handbook is up-to-date.
Instructor-led guidance for your SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam, no travel or time out of the office required.
#SHRM18 will expand your perspective – on your organization, on your career, and on the way you approach HR. Join us in Chicago June 17-20, 2018
2. A change in the number of employee’s dependents caused by birth, adoption, placement for adoption or death.
3. A change in the number of dependents whose care can be reimbursed on a pretax basis, as it applies to dependent-care elections.
4. The start or end of an adoption proceeding as it applies to adoption-assistance elections.
5. A change in residence for an employee, spouse or dependent.
6. A change in employment status of an employee, spouse or dependent. These may include changes in worksite, strike, lockout, starting or ending employment, starting or returning from an unpaid leave of absence, a change in job status (for example, from part-time to full-time) or other changes that affect plan eligibility.
7. A change that causes an employee’s dependent to start or stop meeting the plan’s eligibility criteria. Examples include attaining the limiting age (often 19 years old) and ceasing to be a full-time student.
You have successfully saved this page as a bookmark.
Please confirm that you want to proceed with deleting bookmark.
You have successfully removed bookmark.
Please log in as a SHRM member before saving bookmarks.
Your session has expired. Please log in again before saving bookmarks.
Please purchase a SHRM membership before saving bookmarks.
An error has occurred
Recommended for you
Refer a Friend to SHRM
SHRM’s HR Vendor Directory contains over 3,200 companies