Get access to the exclusive HR Resources you need to succeed in 2018!
Training, policies and tools to help HR prevent and respond to harassment claims.
Is your employee handbook keeping up with the changing world of work? With SHRM's Employee Handbook Builder get peace of mind that your handbook is up-to-date.
Build competencies, establish credibility and advance your career—while earning PDCs—at SHRM Seminars in 12 cities across the U.S. this spring.
#SHRM18 will expand your perspective – on your organization, on your career, and on the way you approach HR. Join us in Chicago June 17-20, 2018
As you are aware, Cyclone Ockhi has affected some parts of India and may affect more areas. Please be cognizant of the following aspects which can enable you to face this natural disaster better and also help your employees.
1. Follow the IMD updates for your area on a regular hourly basis if required, to know what the situation is.
2. Keep your disaster management tools and systems ready to kick-in as soon as they are needed. These need to be all elements related to people, technology and infrastructure.
3. Conduct any practice drills for evacuation of office premises, should that be the need of the hour. Also ensure that a communication is sent to all employees with a list of emergency numbers, and a warning/tips about keeping themselves safe at their homes.
4. If the situation demands, do update your employees about how they can work from home.
5. Ensure that every employee's details are with the HR team and all employees are paired or put in groups of 3-4 to be in touch. This will save HR the crucial time that it might otherwise need to spend in contacting all of the employees individually.
You have successfully saved this page as a bookmark.
Please confirm that you want to proceed with deleting bookmark.
You have successfully removed bookmark.
Please log in as a SHRM member before saving bookmarks.
Your session has expired. Please log in again before saving bookmarks.
Please purchase a SHRM membership before saving bookmarks.
An error has occurred
Recommended for you
SHRM Member Discounts Program
SHRM’s HR Vendor Directory contains over 3,200 companies