SHRM: 15 PDCs
HR KNOWLEDGE DOMAIN
HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Leadership & Navigation
SET UP YOUR TRAINING
Request more information
In this comprehensive two-part program, an expert in strategic leadership concentrates on human resource management from both strategic and consultative perspectives. Your organizational experiences will be used as the foundation for identifying relevant issues and applying business lessons throughout the program. Delivering the course content in shorter sessions spread over long periods rather than as multi-day intensive sessions will give you time to reflect on the concepts and materials, integrate them into your work responsibilities, and experiment with new work styles and approaches. Accordingly, you will return to Part II of this course with a higher level of engagement and greater insight into strategies for more strategic and systemic leadership of the people function in your organization.
, Strategic Leadership and Decision Making, emphasizes the formulation and implementation of human resource strategies that deliver value and contribute to organizational objectives.
- Recognize how value is created through HR.
- Draw on frameworks for driving growth and change via HR management.
- Leverage HR to execute business strategy.
- Understand and model approaches for making decisions under risk and uncertainty.
- Critically evaluate information to determine HR return on investment and organizational impact.
- Improve decision making through the use of business analytics and scenario planning.
, Collaborative Leadership, highlights the cultivation of engaging relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as environments of trust and partnership within executive teams.
- Develop effective interpersonal relationships across boundaries.
- Coach fellow executives toward the achievement of collaborative results.
- Promote shared responsibility and accountability throughout the organization.
- Communicate leadership objectives persuasively and effectively.
- Utilize influence tactics and negotiation strategies for competitive advantage.
- Make use of adaptive leadership styles based on context.
Don't have a group?
This program is also available as a public SHRM Seminar.