Gain recognition for having California HR expertise. If your team practices HR or conducts business in California, they need complete competence in the complex legislation that applies. Your team can now earn a SHRM California Employment Law Micro-Credential to demonstrate their California HR expertise.
How to earn the SHRM California Employment Law Micro-Credential1. Purchase the SHRM California Employment Law Micro-Credential package, which includes:
- Enrollment in the California HR: Applying CA Law to Employment Practices Program--available in-person and virtually!
- Four comprehensive SHRM eLearning courses on California-specific topics:
- California Wage and Hour Laws
- California Leaves of Absence
- California Privacy, Security, Health and Safety
- California Benefits
2. Pass a 51-question online California knowledge assessment.
After passing the assessment, add your Micro-Credential to your resume, e-mail signatures and social media profiles, proving your California expertise to your employer and your network.
3. You do not need to be SHRM-certified to earn the SHRM California Employment Law Micro-Credential; however, you will receive 25 PDCs toward your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP recertification upon completion of the Micro-Credential package.
Why earn your SHRM California Employment Law Micro-Credential?
"California employment laws are among some of the most complex in the world. A strategic career investment in the SHRM California Employment Law Micro-Credential program provides the California professional expertise that distinguishes them from others in the field, and adds exceptional value to California business"
-- Michael Letizia, SHRM-SCP, president of Letizia HR Solutions, Inc.
"This Micro-Credential tells people that I have a deeper understanding of California law, I can do the research, gain the knowledge and apply it. It's pertinent to the stability, effectiveness and future of HR"
-- Trisha Zulic, SHRM-SCP, senior director of business operations at WSA Distributing, Inc.
Earn recertification credits
The SHRM California Employment Law Micro-Credential program is eligible for 25 SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs), which will auto populate in your SHRM Certification Portal.
Request more info