Talent is the largest, most significant, ongoing investment made by successful organizations. However, most people decisions are made based on intuition and instinct. With the amount of information available in today's workplaces, HR professionals are now able to leverage people-related data and analytics to drive business decisions and make data-based recommendations. By earning a SHRM People Analytics Specialty Credential, HR professionals can begin their journey into the field of people analytics, investigate relevant, real-world business issues, and effectively communicate data-supported findings.
How to earn the SHRM People Analytics Specialty Credential
1. Purchase the SHRM People Analytics Specialty Credential Package, which includes:
- Pre program access to the People Analytics: Foundational Data Literacy eLearning module (to be completed before the People Analytics program).
- Enrollment in the People Analytics: Taking Data-Driven Action Seminar - available in-person and virtually!
- Two additional comprehensive SHRM eLearning courses on People Analytics:
- People Analytics: The Metrics Behind People Analytics
- People Analytics: Analyzing People Data
- Pass a 50-question online people analytics knowledge assessment
2. After passing the assessment, add your Specialty Credential to your resume, e-mail signatures and social media profiles, proving your talent acquisition expertise to your employer and your network.
3. You do not have to be SHRM-certified to earn the SHRM People Analytics Specialty Credential; however, you will receive 22 PDCs toward your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP recertification upon completion of the Specialty Credential Package.
Why earn your SHRM People Analytics Specialty Credential?
"People analytics is the wave of the future - and the wave of the present in many organizations. It's an enormous opportunity for HR professionals to identify talent strengths and risks and to contribute to the strategic objectives of their organizations. Earning SHRM's People Analytics Specialty Credential is a great way to demonstrate competence in this critical area."
-- Wayne F. Cascio, Ph.D., distinguished professor, University of Colorado and Robert H. Reynolds Chair in Global Leadership
"When leaders look to HR, the strongest practitioners are not just those with tenure or experience – but those who can augment their viewpoints with data-backed insight. You might know a bit of Excel, or how to run a report from your workforce management tool, but it's time for HR to think about data more broadly and understand how to gather, interpret, and activate on people data in your business, and that's more than just a simple formula or canned report. SHRM's People Analytics Specialty Credential is your key to this next level of insight and understanding."
-- Kevin Schultz, director, business intelligence at SHRM
Request more info