The Community Guidelines by and between the Society for Human Resource Management (“we”, “us”, “our” or “SHRM”) and you (“you” or “your”) governs your use of SHRMLabs a subsidiary of SHRM, WorkplaceTech Community (“WTC”), which is an online community that allows SHRM members to post, comment, discuss, learn, debate, support, connect and collaborate with innovators and explore different technologies.
Use of the online community
As a part of and in connection with your use of SHRMLabs online community, you may have the opportunity to provide suggestions, feedback and reviews to SHRM, such as through surveys, focus groups or other means, as well as access to and use of discussion groups, chat rooms, bulletin boards and other interactive functionality (“Interactive Services”). If you participate in or use any Interactive Services, you are responsible for any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”) you upload, post, link to or otherwise transmit (collectively “transmit”) and the consequences thereof. YOU CAN BE HELD LEGALLY LIABLE FOR WHAT YOU TRANSMIT.
If you choose to transmit any Content using such Interactive Services, you agree:
- To do so solely for lawful purposes, in compliance with all applicable laws, and in a professional manner. We make no representation that your use of the Interactive Services will comply with applicable laws or that they were designed to comply with the applicable laws.
- To evaluate and bear all risks associated with any Content you transmit, including any reliance on the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or usefulness of such Content. We have no responsibility for or control over the Content you transmit using these Interactive Services. We further take no responsibility for, and we do not expressly or implicitly endorse, support, or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, usefulness or reliability of any of your Content.
- You will not use the Interactive Services to post jobs, market products, solicit resumes, collect e-mail addresses, or conduct surveys except where such activity may be expressly called out by SHRM as the purpose of the Interactive Services (such as SHRM’s HR Jobs) or where such activity is expressly permitted under separate agreement with SHRM.
- You will not use the Interactive Services for any commercial purpose not expressly approved by SHRM, nor shall you distribute any spam, advertising or solicitation of sales, funds or goods and services or solicit users to join competitive online services.
- You will not use or seek to use the Interactive Services for financial gain, related computer facilities, or information available on the Interactive Services.
- You own the Content you transmit.
- You will not remove any reviews, suggestions or feedback provided to SHRM through its Interactive Services.
- You will not transmit knowingly false or misleading Content.
Monitoring of the SHRMLABS community
Although we do not actively monitor, regulate or pre-screen your use of the Interactive Services, we reserve the unconditional right (but not the obligation) to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Interactive Services. In addition, we reserve the right to temporarily or permanently suspend, or ban any users or Content we in our sole discretion from the Community.
Reporting violations of these community guidelines
If you see something that you think may violate our Community Guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide the following:
- A description of the Content that allegedly violates the guidelines.
- A description of where the Content is located on the Interactive Services;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the authorized to act on your organization’s behalf.
Violations of our Guidelines may result in deleted Content, disabled access to the Interactive Services, or other restrictions. You may find Content you don’t like, but doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines. If that happens, you can delete that Content.