Leading Indian conglomerate engaged in energy, petrochemicals, textiles, retail and telecommunications. Ranked amongst the Global Fortune 500 World’s Biggest Corporations and amongst the Top 250 Global energy Companies.
The L&D leadership team of the organization have a long term vision for transforming learning within the organisation, aligned with the firm’s wider strategic vision for itself. Specific need was to:
- Ensure that professionals adopt the presence and behaviours that will help them lead learning interactions in an efficient way.
- Enhance on the job performance by facilitating learning in a more structured, evidence-based way
- Design of a holistic Facilitation Skills Program based on the 6D principles focused on developing facilitators, not presenters; disengaging ppt. based training and leveraging contemporary trends in learning, technology and disruptive innovation
- Program construct included 24 hours of face to face workshop time, 6-10 hours of self learning and flipped classroom and 2-4 hours of action facilitation project spread over a 9 week horizon. Learning transfer was driven through the Action Learning Project and deployment supported through post workshop engagement and job aids.
- Assessment criteria were in-built at various stages of the program and a certification approach ensures gravitas and and transfer of learning.
- Program rolled out to close to 100 participants. Feedback from participants and managers highly positive.
- Post-workshop evaluation and workplace transfer evaluation on-going currently
- SHRM is engaging with the organization for Phase-II of the program – focusing on Advanced Facilitation Skills - facilitators to go beyond merely presentation techniques to focus on reflective pedagogical practices that can help them drive learning in a deeper and more meaningful way.