ALEXANDRIA, Va., – SHRM has announced Jyoti Chopra will be joining its Executive Council effective May 11, 2023.
The Executive Council, which is made up of the world's top CHROs, luminaries and academics—guides cutting-edge research, drives meaningful membership initiatives and provides insights on emerging business strategies. It explores the most pressing issues facing the workplace and societies of tomorrow, providing the SHRM Executive Network with collective guidance on emerging strategies that impact business performance.
Chopra serves as Chief People, Inclusion and Sustainability Officer for MGM Resorts International, based in Las Vegas. She is responsible for leading Human Resources and Social Impact and Sustainability. She oversees environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting, directs enterprise-wide human and social capital initiatives and serves as liaison to the Board of Directors' corporate social responsibility committee. She oversees the MGM Resorts Foundation and community relations.
"At a time when the conversation around sustainability has been more prevalent than ever, I can't think of an individual more fitting to join the SHRM Executive Council than Jyoti," said Johnny C. Taylor Jr., SHRM-SCP, President and CEO, SHRM. "Her guidance and expertise are highly valued as HR executives work to navigate today's pressing issues."
"The labor force and workplace management landscape is rapidly evolving, and ESG issues are increasingly recognized as being part of the equation," said Jyoti Chopra. "SHRM is at the forefront of research and analysis in the field, and I am both honored and humbled to join the impressive team of leaders who comprise the organization's Executive Council."
Prior to her role at MGM Resorts, she was Senior Vice President of Global Diversity & Inclusion and HR Operations and Transformation at Pearson Plc., an education technology and UK FTSE 100 company, where she was a member of the senior and human resources leadership teams.
Earlier in her career, Chopra served as Chief Diversity Officer and Managing Director of Global Citizenship and Sustainability for BNY Mellon as well as the global leader for communications and public relations at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and as a Managing Director at Merrill Lynch & Co.
The SHRM Executive Council includes:
- Marissa Andrada, former Chief Diversity, Inclusion and People Officer, Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Peter Cappelli, George W. Taylor Professor of Management, and Director, Center for Human Resources at Wharton School
- Michael Fraccaro, Chief People Officer at Mastercard
- Katy Fink, VP, Chief Human Resources Officer at Stryker
- Diane Gherson, former Chief Human Resources Officer at IBM and senior lecturer at Harvard Business School
- Beth Grous, Chief People Officer at Trip Advisor
- Kathleen Hogan, EVP, Chief People Officer at Microsoft
- Ed Hodge, EVP, Chief Human Resources Officer at Trinity Health
- Eric Severson, EVP, Chief People & Belonging Officer at Neiman Marcus Group
- Lars N. Minns, Chief Human Resources Officer, Mercedes-Benz North America
To learn more about the Executive Council, go to: https://www.shrm.org/executive/council/
SHRM creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things work, workers and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener and thought leader on issues impacting today's evolving workplaces. With nearly 325,000 members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 235 million workers and families globally. Learn more at SHRM.org.