ALEXANDRIA, Va., January 5, 2021 — SHRM (the Society for Human Resource Management) announced the appointment of two new members to its Board of Directors for 2021:
- Scott A. Snell, Frank Sands Sr. Chair in Business Administration at the University of Virginia's Darden Graduate School of Business; and
- Dr. Susana Suarez Gonzales, Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer of International Flavors and Fragrances, Inc.
The new board members were announced at SHRM's annual Volunteer Leaders' Business Meeting on November 18, 2020 by incoming chair, Melissa Anderson. They join a board that is responsible for upholding SHRM's mission and values.
Scott A. Snell is the Frank Sands Sr. Chair in Business Administration at the University of Virginia's Darden Graduate School of Business, where he teaches courses in strategic management and works with senior executives to help their companies align strategy, organizational capability, and investments in talent. He currently serves on the board of SHRM's Executive Network, and has served on the boards of the Strategic Management Society's Human Capital Group, the SHRM Foundation, the Academy of Management's HR Division, the Academy of Management Journal and the Academy of Management Review.
Dr. Susana Suarez Gonzales is the Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer of International Flavors and Fragrances, Inc. (IFF), where she is responsible for championing the growth and development of IFF people. She leads the creation and implementation of the IFF Global Human Capital Strategy across the enterprise and works to build talent and organizational capability through IFF's established Human Capital platforms.
"We're pleased to welcome Scott and Susana to SHRM's Board of Directors. They bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in critically important areas, including leadership development, talent investment, culture, and diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace," said SHRM President and CEO, Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., SHRM-SCP. "As the leading voice of all things work, SHRM is fortunate to be able to tap the expertise Scott and Susana gained through deep research and operational experience with industry leading brands. Our members will benefit from their insights, especially during this challenging period."
SHRM is dedicated to creating better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. The organization, comprised of more than 300,000 members, provides its members with resources they can use to address pressing issues. By advancing the profession of human resources through professional development opportunities, programs, events and resources, we are empowering people to build a world of work that works for everyone.
Continuing board members include:
- Melissa Anderson, SHRM-CP, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Albemarle Corporation (SHRM Board Chair)
- David Windley, SHRM-SCP, CEO, IQTalent Partners and Board Chairman (Immediate Past Chair)
- Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., SHRM-SCP, President and CEO, Society for Human Resource Management
- Elizabeth Adefioye, Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, Ingredion Inc.
- Janet Alberti, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, The Huntington Library, Art Museum and Botanical Gardens
- Sally Hornick Anderson, SHRM-SCP, Workforce Diversity Director, Google
- Michelle Bottomley, Chief Executive Officer, Modern Marketing Exchange
- Steve Browne, SHRM-SCP, VP of Human Resources, LaRosa's, Inc.
- James Clark, President and CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Michael D'Ambrose, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Boeing
- Betty Thompson, Chief People Officer, Booz Allen Hamilton
For more information about SHRM's priorities and activities, the 2019 Annual Report can be found here.
Media: Contact Julie Hirschhorn at Julie.Hirschhorn@shrm.org and 703-842-5152.
SHRM, the Society for Human Resource Management, creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things work, workers and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener and thought leader on issues impacting today's evolving workplaces. With 300,000+ HR and business executive members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 115 million workers and families globally. Learn more at SHRM.org and on Twitter @SHRM.