Once chapters receive a chapter charter and become affiliated with SHRM, there are several yearly requirements chapters must meet to be recognized as an active chapter.
Yearly Active Chapter Status Requirements:
- Maintain a minimum of 8 SHRM student members at all times. Chapters are responsible for maintaining their own roster. Updates should be provided to SHRM via the roster update request form.
- Your chapter advisor and co-advisor, if one has been designated, must be a current SHRM Professional, General, or Associate member.
- Your chapter president must be a current SHRM student member throughout their term of office.
- Submit the Student Chapter Info Form each year by June 1st
- Submit the Roster Request form each year by October 15th
- Submit a minimum of section one of the Merit award booklet each year by April 15th
- Chapters who affiliate between Jan. 1 and March 31 of the current award year will be exempt from submitting Section 1 of the Chapter Merit Award report
*Chapters will be audited once per year during the chapter merit reporting process. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements will be notified.
To check your chapter's status, please see our Student Chapter Directory. If your chapter is shown as inactive and you would like to reactivate, please view our Re-affiliation Page.