ALEXANDRIA, Va. — SHRM (the Society for Human Resource Management) announced the appointment of three new members to its Board of Directors for 2022:
- Nilanjan Adhya, Chief Digital Officer at BlackRock
- Paula Harvey, Vice President of Human Resources and Safety at Schulte Building Systems, Inc.
- William Phelan, Senior Associate Executive Director & Chief Financial Officer at The American Bar Association
The new board members were announced at SHRM's annual Volunteer Leaders' Business Meeting on November 12, 2021 by Chair, Melissa Anderson, SHRM-CP.
Nilanjan (Neel) Adhya is the Chief Digital Officer of BlackRock — the world's largest investment management corporation. In his role, Adhya actively collaborates with marketing, design, product and sales teams at BlackRock to reimagine all aspects of digital experiences, create new digital innovations, build great experiences and accelerate transformation across the digital ecosystem.
Paula H. Harvey is the Vice President of Human Resources and Safety at Schulte Building Systems, Inc., a metal buildings manufacturer, in Hockley, Texas. She has more than 30 years' experience as a HR generalist in the retail, services, construction and manufacturing industries. She also owned her HR and safety consulting firm for several years. She is a longtime SHRM Volunteer Leader, having served on the SHRM Membership Advisory Council (MAC) (2013-2014), the SHRM Foundation Board of Directors (2018-2021), as NCSHRM State Director/President and President of Union County HR Association and Charlotte Area SHRM. She is a member of HR Houston mentoring students on the University Liaison committee.
William (Bill) Phelan is Senior Associate Executive Director & Chief Financial Officer of the American Bar Association ("ABA"), one of the largest voluntary professional membership organizations and the national voice of the legal profession. In addition to finance, Bill is also responsible for Human Resources, Development, Meetings & Travel, and Administrative Services for the ABA. Bill joined the ABA as its CFO in 2013.
"We are pleased to welcome Neel, Paula and Bill to SHRM's Board of Directors. Their cumulative experience makes them true ambassadors of SHRM's mission to create better workplaces for a better world," said Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., SHRM-SCP, SHRM president and chief executive officer. "As the voice of all things work, SHRM will have the opportunity to gain important insight through their counsel and guidance. Our members will benefit from their wealth of knowledge as we strive to cause the effect and impact meaningful change in the world of work."
SHRM is dedicated to creating better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. The organization, comprised of more than 300,000 members, provides its members with resources they can use to address pressing issues. By advancing the profession of human resources through professional development opportunities, programs, events and resources, we are empowering people to build a world of work that works for everyone.
Continuing board members include:
- Melissa Anderson, SHRM-CP, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Albemarle Corporation (SHRM Board Chair)
- Betty Thompson, SHRM-SCP, Chief People Officer, Booz Allen Hamilton (Chair Designate)
- Elizabeth Adefioye, Chief People Officer, Emerson
- Janet Alberti, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, The Huntington Library, Art Museum and Botanical Gardens
- Sally Hornick Anderson, SHRM-SCP, Workforce Diversity Director, Google
- Michelle Bottomley, Chief Executive Officer, Modern Growth Exchange
- James Clark, President and CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Michael D'Ambrose, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Boeing
- Scott Snell, Ph.D., the Frank Sands, Sr. Chair in Business Administration, Darden Graduate School of Business, University of Virginia
- Susana Suarez Gonzalez, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer of International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc.
- Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., SHRM-SCP, President and CEO, Society for Human Resource Management
SHRM, the Society for Human Resource Management, creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things work, workers and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener and thought leader on issues impacting today's evolving workplaces. With 300,000+ HR and business executive members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 115 million workers and families globally. Learn more at SHRM.org and on Twitter @SHRM.