How to Get SHRM Certified
Looking to advance your HR career and increase your earning potential with a SHRM certification? Here's where to start.
SHRM Certification Process
- Verify whether SHRM Certification fits within your career goals.
- Determine your appropriate exam level, either the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
- Validate you meet the eligibility criteria to take the SHRM Certification exam.
- Confirm your readiness: Do you have the time? Do you have the energy? Do you have the commitment? Do you have the funding and the support?
- Start by studying the SHRM Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge® (SHRM BASK®).
- Evaluate the SHRM Learning System options, including self-study, instructor-led or team-preparation options.
- Find a local SHRM chapter and join a study group.
- Take your learning to the next level with additional resources, including SHRM Preparation Webinars and the Ace Your SHRM Certification Exam book or e-book.
- Use the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation letters after your name.
- Receive your complimentary digital certificate. Purchase a framed certificate if desired.
- Receive a digital badge and accept it to share on social media.
- Have your name listed in the SHRM Certification Directory.