Talent doesn't have borders. People are an organization's most vital resource and most important investment. In the global competition for skilled workers, a comprehensive understanding of the U.S. immigration system is key. Policy changes and complex immigration requirements require today's professionals to be agile and resourceful in identifying the best talent solutions. Earning SHRM's U.S. Employment Immigration Specialty Credential will increase your HR Team's effectiveness in managing employment visas, regulations, employment verification processes, and audit risks to keep your organization competitive and compliant. Distinguish your team by demonstrating that they can be successful in this highly sought-after field of practice.
1. Purchase the SHRM U.S. Employment Immigration Specialty Credential Package, which includes:
- Enrollment in the Global Hiring: Complying with U.S. Visa Requirements Seminar – available in-person and virtually!
- Three comprehensive SHRM eLearning courses on U.S. employment immigration:
- Employment Eligibility: A Practical Guide to I-9 and E-Verify
- Hiring Foreign Nationals: Non-immigrant Visas
- Hiring Foreign Nationals: Immigrant Visas
- Pass a 50-question online U.S. employment immigration knowledge assessment.
2. After passing the assessment, add your Specialty Credential to your resume, e-mail signatures and social media profiles, proving your U.S. employment immigration proficiency to your employer and your network.
3. You do not have to be SHRM-certified to earn the SHRM U.S. Employment Immigration Specialty Credential; however, you will receive 26 PDCs toward your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP recertification upon completion of the Specialty Credential package.
Why earn your SHRM U.S. Employment Immigration Specialty Credential?
"The U.S. immigration system is the most complex in the world, and the professionals who can navigate it are top hires and critical resources for their employers. The SHRM U.S. Employment Immigration Specialty Credential demonstrates your proven expertise and commitment to securing elite global talent and understanding the intricacies of federal law."
— Emily M. Dickens, J.D. Corporate Secretary and Chief of Staff at SHRM
"Whether recruiting from US universities or transferring employees from abroad, the global competition for talent demands that all HR professionals understand how to integrate foreign talent in their workforce strategy. The SHRM U.S. Employment Immigration Specialty Credential demonstrates expertise and competence in finding business solutions in this complex and ever-changing area of the law."
— Lynn Shotwell, SVP, head, global outreach & operations at SHRM