Chapter advisors play an integral role in the success of a student chapter by advising and assisting the students in running their own chapter. Listed below are the major functions of the chapter advisor:
- Act as official point of contact for the chapter and share information from SHRM with the student officers and members.
- Ensure chapter meets all requirements for remaining active:
- Submit a Student Chapter Information Form EVERY YEAR- Due June 1
- Submit a MINIMUM of Section 1 of the Merit Award Report EVERY YEAR- Due April 30
- Submit the Roster Update Form- Due October 15
- Maintain a minimum of 8 student members with active SHRM memberships
- Maintain an active SHRM Professional membership.
- Designate a current SHRM Student Member as the Chapter President
- Oversee transition of officers and training of new officers. Maintain chapter member database, chapter history and records from year to year.
- Foster leadership and organizational skills in student chapter executive board. Attend chapter meetings and offer guidance as needed.
- Act as advocate for the chapter in school affairs as needed.
Advisor and Volunteer Resources
College Relations Volunteer Resources